7.29.2009

old inspiration ...

I love thumbing through magazines {as I have mentioned before} and saving clippings and articles that inspire me in some way. This evening, as my husband and I were sitting on the couch together {he was watching a movie ... dont think I was neglecting him!}, I brought out my file folder of old magazine pages and set aside some of the things that I wanted to do this summer. I wanted to share some of those with you throughout the remainder of the week! Hope you enjoy.

Out of the Parents Magazine Issue {September 2008} :

1) Fill a plastic storage container with sand and toys as a cheap alternative to a sand box. It's also easy to pack up and take to a friend's house ... Just snap the lid on and go! Cute idea. Especially for our tiny patio.
2) If you ever spot a cute-looking reusable grocery tote {pretty much every store has them now for around $1}, snag one and wrap your gift in it. It's helpful for the environment and your friend now has a bag to take to the grocery store!
3) Crush 2 pieces of non-toxic chalk and mix with 1 cup of water in a small plastic conatiner and buy a couple $.50 paint brushes from Michaels. The kids now have liquid chalk to create beautiful paintings all over the driveway and sidewalk. Let the mixture dry up and use again next time they are in a crafty mood! Very cute idea!

{picture courtesy of Google, editing courtesy of picnik}

0 comments: